Please note that our use of "we", "us", "our" or "Dish TV" refers to Dish TV Technologies Ltd.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In this policy, your "personal information" refers to the same term in the Privacy Act 1993 ("Privacy Act"). In general this includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, address, contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) images of you, your biometric data and financial information, including your payment information. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identified by it, then the information is considered personal information.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do this in a variety of ways, including but not limited to, when you:
- Purchase our products or use our services
- Access and use our websites or apps, including your registration details and information relating to your use of our websites and the services, such as the content you access (for example, the products you have viewed, or the search queries you input)
- Interact with our team through phone or email communication
- Enter our office where we have security video recordings
- When you return goods to us for service
- Interact with us on social media
If you open an account with us you agree that we may also collect personal information from third parties, including:
- Third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, other retailers (for the purpose of preventing criminal behaviour), law enforcement agencies, and other government entities
- Contractors and business partners
- Suppliers or manufacturers
THIRD PARTY APPS ON OUR PRODUCTS
IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you choose not to provide us with the personal information described within this policy, then we may not be able to provide you with the product, content, information or services you have requested, either to our normal high standard or at all. We also may not be able to tailor our content, website and communications for your preferences.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities and to provide the best possible customer service.
Your personal information will be held at 25 McKee Street, Hamilton. It may also be held for us in a backup database that is stored elsewhere.
Your personal information will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as described within this policy or as permitted by the Privacy Act.
Dish TV does not collect personal information on our websites unless you choose to give it to us. There are a few places on our websites where you can choose to give us personal information, such as emailing an enquiry to us, registering as an online user, or subscribing to our newsletter.
If you are a registered user our administrators can see all the personal information that you supply, except for your password. Your password is private to you. If you forget your password, you can reset it by using the tool provided.
We do not collect identifiable information about you if you only browse our website.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information:
- To our employees,
- For the operation of our websites or our business
- For the specific purpose of fulfilling requests made by you
- To provide products, content and services to you
- Where we are permitted to under the Privacy Act
- As otherwise detailed in this policy
Where we engage third parties to undertake services, we may provide those third parties with some of your information if it is required to fulfil those services and only to the extent required to fulfil those services. Examples of such third party providers may include, but not limited to:
- Service providers such as web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants
- Software providers such as customer relationship management and accounting software
- Existing or potential suppliers, business partners or joint venture entities or partners
- Specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us
We require any third party to protect your information against unauthorised use or disclosure.
In addition to the above, we release personal information only when it is permitted under the Privacy Act or required by law for legal compliance and law enforcement (including to government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities, and/or to your Internet Service Provider or network administrator); to facilitate court proceedings; enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect our or your rights, property, or safety and the rights, property and safety of our users, or others, and where we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary. Government agencies with statutory roles enabling them to request data from us include the Police, Inland Revenue and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access or modification.
RIGHT TO ACCESS OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us. Your request will be processed in accordance with the Privacy Act. You will need to verify your identity. We may not be able to grant access to some information if granting such access would interfere with the privacy of others. We will endeavour to supply you with reasons for a refusal.
We may charge a reasonable fee for making your personal information available to you or providing you with copies of it.